For whatever nerdy and geeky reasons I've wanted to use Glassfish to host some of my Java web apps and services and such, but it didn't play nice with Apache's mod_jk connector, instead requiring mod_proxy which doesn't do quite the same job. Today Oracle released Java EE 7 and it piqued my interest in maybe giving it another try.
While technically the update didn't break the Sendmail installation, it did fail to work with my configuration file.
Today we said good-bye to our big dog, Jet. He joined us about six years ago, when he was about five years old, and today we learned he was gravely ill and had grim prognosis for any treatment. It was a hard, but we hope humane, decision to let him go.
Just a few days ago Canonical released the new version of Ubuntu, 13.04, Raring Ringtail. The upgrade went a bit faster on the desktop than the server; the desktop has the hex-core, while the server is simply dual (still pretty robust, though). There don't seem to be any issues on the desktop, but the server had a change to the Dovecot configuration file that caused it to abort peeking at users' own mailboxes; a quick fix to the config file (adding an explicit default value, mind you) and all is well again.
I ran the Valkyrie out of gas on the way home today. I had just passed the exit to the next-to-last gas station on the route when it started to sputter. I reached beneath the seat and switched to the reserve, but it made no difference; the tank was curiously dry.
It's been far too long and the upgrade version of Windows 8 still fails. I've tried rebuilding the VM from a fresh install of Win7, I've tried from the snapshots of post-download and post-install. I've tried allowing Windows 8 to rebuild or refresh itself. I've tried running the updates in large and small sets, from the Control Panel and from the Windows 8 management pages.
I recently had cause to make an SVN branch in one of my hobby projects' repository. Alas, when I configured the repository, I didn't do it right and make trunk and branches, but instead put my project right in the root of the repository. It only took a little SVN command-line stuff, but it was pretty easy to change the repositories without losing any history.