It seems that a number of our fluorescent bulbs went out all at once. In our house, this means 10 or more at once; four or five fixtures with two or four tubes. We had some left in the last bulk puirchase we made, but fell short of filling all of the fixtures with new bulbs.
Ubuntu OS 16.04, named Xenial Xerus, was released.
The new OS version for the server came out, so after testing it a little bit I took the plunge and did the upgrade. Lots of things broke.
Five hours of overnight effort and a few more after a little nap, and it seems like the only thing not working is send-mail auth (no one can auth, so no one can send mail). Still working. More to come.
As suspected, the battery was "shot" (technical term used by the guy testing the battery). A quick replacement, some minor maintenance, and the bike and I are ready to go!
I've been playing with a few load-balancing, caching, and high-availability servers to sit in front of my web servers. This is in part to allow me a little flexibility in my configuration, as well as to give me some protection from hackers, and just some experience with some of the myriad options out there.
The end of April snuck up on me this year, and I missed the launch count-down and everything. But on Sunday I was alerted that a new version of Ubuntu was available for installation.
I recently rearranged my IP addresses after an outage on one of my ISPs. Just about everything worked well, but yesterrday it was noticed that some e-mail had been bouncing.