I finally got around to shopping for a new hard drive. It's been installed, and now my main workstation is functional again.
Yesterday I noticed my workstation wasn't on-line. When I went to check, it was sitting at a grub rescue prompt saying "unknown file system."
Version 5 of the blog software was released and has now been installed here. So far, so good; still had to fix the xmrpc bit, though.
Due to a severe storm on Friday, June 21, we lost power to the neighborhood. It was restored on Tuesday, 25 June. Apologies for any disruptions.
For those keeping score, the only damage seems to be that my main workstation's PSU won't fire up any more. Quick trip to the nearby Microcenter should fix that up.
I finally managed to get the IPv6 tunnel working through my router to PCs on my LAN. Turns out to have been two head-slappers with the addressing of the router's interface that was causing all of the ailments. Unlike the Hurricane Electric certification implies, I'm not quite a sage at IPv6; but I have prepared my systems thoroughly with IPv6.
A little set-up, then some geeky discussion. If you're not interested in the geeky discussion, you can stop reading now, and just share in the geeky elation that goes with knowing another technology has just been added to my repertoire.
On to that geeky stuff.
For whatever nerdy and geeky reasons I've wanted to use Glassfish to host some of my Java web apps and services and such, but it didn't play nice with Apache's mod_jk connector, instead requiring mod_proxy which doesn't do quite the same job. Today Oracle released Java EE 7 and it piqued my interest in maybe giving it another try.