Apologies to anyone who might end up here, or who finds this in feeds or search results.
For decades I've been deploying Apache by compiling its source, including all of the modules.
Lightning strike may have taken out a HDD!
I might change how the server is running, but everything is behaving well.
The smaller SAS drives arrived a week or so ago. I plugged them in, and, sigh, nothing. At first. I did get it worked out.
Unable to find some place from which I can get service and a legit download of the necessary firmware (even from a questionable site), I've decided to order a couple of the smaller supported drives to get the box working.
I admitted it was probably folly, but I got the Sun Fire X4600 M2. It's in the lab, but still not running.